FOR A GOOD CAUSE

Monday, July 17, 2017

Women of the Mind: Thoughts on Two Female Writers of American Literature

When I wrote this, Miss Harper Lee still had breath in her lungs. Since its publication, she has ceased to be (April 28, 1926 – February 19, 2016).  But that won't stop me from imparting to you good folks the virtues of her novels. After reading Ayn Rand's Ideal, I gained a greater understanding of the meaning of integrity.  Integrated within the plot of the story, Miss Rand addresses the virtue as a deep way of living one's life.  In order to achieve and maintain your values, you must employ integrity.

I wrote this piece to be sort of a dual thank you to two brilliant minds of American literature.  It was my pleasure to introduce to some and to present to others both Miss Lee and Miss Rand, though their bases of supporters remain rather large.  So, I challenge you to read this post and feel free to share with friends, followers, and family members.

Also, if you find merit in this work and my other pieces, I request that you send a $3 donation to help cover costs and keep quality content on the Internet.  I thank you in advance.

S.S.

Click on the link below to go to this story from July 2015:
https://hubpages.com/literature/Women-of-the-Mind-Thoughts-on-Two-Women-Writers-of-American-Literature





No comments: