FOR A GOOD CAUSE

Monday, July 24, 2017

Forthright: How 'Straight Outta Compton' Promotes Self-Empowered Black Men

I was taken by the sheer forcefulness and assertiveness that is present in the film.  With five Negro men with a band name that could reflect virtually every Black rap act, Niggaz Wit Attitudes (NWA) came onto the scene with street knowledge.  The film depicts them as going through the world as men with spines who stand for something and have something to say.  I enjoyed writing this piece and it is one of the few that came out as close as possible to the way I had envisioned it.  Kudos to all involved in the production of "Straight Outta Compton."

And if you find quality in my piece, I am accepting $3 donations to keep the SKYLERIZED machine rolling.  I thank you in advance.

S.S.







Click on the link below to access the article:


https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Forthright-How-Straight-Outta-Compton-Promotes-the-Self-Empowered-Black-Man

No comments: