FOR A GOOD CAUSE

Thursday, July 20, 2017

To Stop a Gunman: What Steps America Ought to Take to Curb Gun Violence

What I like about this short piece was the fact that I used different wordplay to convey a serious matter. I wrote, "It is often said that 'guns don’t kill people, people with guns kill people.' Another way to put it is that 'guns don’t kill people, bullets kill people.' The reality is that thinking people who are defending themselves (might) kill people trying to endanger their person or other persons of value or private property." I wanted to flip the clichés on their heads and present a fresh take on the argument. Guns and America go together like hot dogs and baseball.  It's an American tradition to carry a firearm.  But I go on to say that countries around the world are also entrenched in the gun culture and have been waging wars for nearly millenia.  What prevents someone from gunning down people without thought is to institute a culture of reason.  

Now, if you find merit within my rhetoric, I am accepting currently $3 donations.  I thank you for your patronage.

S.S.


Click the link below to view the original article from July 2015:


https://hubpages.com/politics/To-Stop-a-Gunman-What-Steps-America-Ought-to-Take-to-Curb-Gun-Violence


No comments: